인도 경찰은 9일 지난 달 사흘간의 뭄바이 테러에서 사살된 테러 용의자 9명의 명단을 공개했습니다.

라케시 마리아 뭄바이 합동경찰 형사국장은 이날 기자들에게 인도 당국이 용의자들에 대한 새로운 정보를 입수했으며 이들의 출신지가 파키스탄인 것으로 드러났다고 말했습니다.

마리아 국장은 또 사망자들이 테러 공격 당시 사용했던 별명과 함께 8명의 용의자들의 사진도 공개했습니다. 나머지 한 명은 시체가 심하게 훼손돼 사진이 공개되지 않았습니다.

인도 경찰이 테러 용의자들의 출신지를 어떻게 추적했는지는 구체적으로 밝혀지지 않았으나 인도 당국은 이번 공격에서 유일하게 생포된 용의자 아지말 모하메드 아미르 카사브를 심문하고 있습니다.

*****

Indian police have released the names of nine suspected gunmen killed during last month's three-day terrorist siege in Mumbai.

Police investigator Rakesh Maria told reporters today (Tuesday) that authorities have uncovered new details about the suspects and traced their hometowns to Pakistan. Maria also released the gunmens' aliases and showed photographs of eight of the suspected attackers. Authorities say they withheld a photo of the ninth suspect because his body was too badly burned.

It was not immediately clear how police tracked down the suspects' hometowns, but Indian authorities have been interrogating the lone surviving gunman in the attack.

In an opinion piece in "The New York Times" today, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari says Pakistan is committed to finding and punishing all those responsible for the attacks.

However, Pakistani officials say they will not turn over suspects to India. Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi says Pakistan will take action against them in its own legal system.