인도 뭄바이에서 테러 공격이 끝난 지 이틀이 지난 1일, 뭄바이 시민들은 정상활동을 재기하기 위해 노력하고 있습니다.

공격목표 중 하나였던 관광객들이 많이 몰리는 카페 레오폴드가 다시 문을 열었으며, 사람들은 일상 업무로 돌아가고 있습니다.

이런 가운데, 인도 정치권도 이번 테러 공격으로 인한 후유증을 앓고 있습니다. 인도 마하라슈트라 주의 빌라스라오 데슈무크 수석 장관은 테러사태에 대비하지 못한 책임을 지고 물러날 뜻을 밝혔습니다. 데슈무크 장관은 1일 기자회견에서 자신이 속한 집권 의회당의 최종 결정을 기다리고 있다며 이같이 말했습니다.

마하라슈트라 주 부 수석장관인 알알 파틸은 이미 사임했습니다.

인도 연방 정부 차원에서도 시브라즈 파틸 내무장관이 30일 사임한 뒤, 후임으로 치담바람 재무장관이 내무장관으로 임명됐습니다.

한편, 지난주 뭄바이에서 발생한 3일간의 테러 공격으로 인한 사망자수는 외국인 18명을 포함한1백75명으로 밝혀졌습니다.

만모한 싱 인도총리는 30일, 인도 정부는 대테러 병력을 확대하겠다고 밝혔습니다.

*****

Citizens of Mumbai are attempting to return to normal activities, two days after a bloody terrorist assault on their city came to an end.

One of the targets, the tourist friendly Cafe Leopold, has reopened its doors to diners. And people are getting back to their daily business in the city.

Meanwhile, the fallout of the attacks is being felt in the political realm. The chief minister of the Indian state of Maharashtra, Vilasrao Deshmukh, says he is willing to step down to take responsibility for perceived shortcomings. At a news conference today (Monday), Deshmukh said he is waiting for leaders from his ruling Congress Party to make a final decision.

His second-in-command in the state where Mumbai is located, Deputy Chief Minister R.R. Patil, has already resigned.

And, on Sunday, at the federal level, Home Minister Shivraj Patil resigned and was replaced by Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram.

Last week's three-day assault on Mumbai killed about 175 people, including at least 18 foreigners, at 10 locations.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told a meeting of political parties in New Delhi Sunday that the government is expanding India's main anti-terror force (, the National Security Guard).