아프가니스탄 당국은 11일 밤 남부 헬만드주 주도 인근에서 공습작전을 전개해 무장세력 탈레반측 요원 60명 이상이 사망했다고 밝혔습니다.

당국은 반군들이 세 곳에서 공격을 가해 왔으나 아프간과 나토 연합군의 공습작전으로 퇴각했다고 밝혔습니다.

나토 연합군은 12일 발표한 성명에서 주도 라시카 가흐의 외곽에서 무장세력들이 공격을 위해 모이는 것을 감지해왔다고 밝혔습니다.

다우드 아마디 주지사 대변인은 무장세력들은 라시카 가흐 인근의 보안군 기지를 공격하다가 사망했다고 밝혔습니다.

아마디 대변인은 아프간과 나토 연합군의 사상자는 없다고 밝혔습니다.

*****

Afghan officials say more than 60 Taliban militants were killed in airstrikes overnight near the provincial capital of southern Helmand province.

Authorities say the rebels attacked from three directions, but were pushed back by Afghan and NATO forces, supported by the airstrikes.

NATO said in a statement today (Sunday) it had been observing the militants on the outskirts of the provincial capital, Lashkar Gah, gathering for a major attack.

The provincial governor's spokesman (Daud Ahmadi) said the militants were killed when they attacked a security base near Lashkar Gah.

He said there were no casualties among the Afghan and NATO forces.