그루지아의 외신기자들은,러시아군의 움직임이 목격되고 있다고 보고하고 있으나최근 휴전협정에 따라 의무화된 철수 준비조짐은 전혀 없다고 보도합니다.

아나톨리 노고비트신 러시아 군 대변인은 앞서 러시아군이 그루지야의 이탈지역인 남오세티아에서 철수하기 시작했다고 밝힌 바 있습니다.

그러나 외신기자들과 그루지야 관리들은 러시아 군병력이 여전히 그루지야전국 검문소들을 점거하고 있으며 남오세티아 자치지구 외곽, 새로운 지점들로 장갑차들을 이동하고 있다고 밝혔습니다.

노고비트신 러시아 군 대변인은 러시아가 단거리 미사일 'SS-21' 발사대를 남오세티아에 배치했다는 미국 관리들의 주장을 부인했습니다. 앞서 미국 국방부는 이같은 조치는 휴전협정에 위배된다고 밝힌바 있습니다.

러시아는 이달초그루지야군이 남오세티아를 공격한데 대응해 자국민을 보호해야한다며 그루지야를 침공했습니다.

*****

Journalists in Georgia are reporting Russian troop movements in the country but no signs of preparations to withdraw as required under a recent cease-fire.

A Russian military spokesman (General Anatoly Nogovitsyn) today(Monday) said his country's troops have begun leaving the Caucasus country. 

But the journalists, as well as Georgian officials, say Russian troops maintain checkpoints around the country and are moving armor into new areas (including an advance on the city Borjomi, west of the capital), beyond the breakaway region of South Ossetia.

The Russian spokesman denied reports by U.S. officials that Russia had moved SS-21 short-range missile launchers into South Ossetia, an action a Pentagon spokesman (Bryan Whitman) said would violate the recent cease-fire accord.

Russia sent in tanks and troops into Georgia earlier this month, saying it must protect its citizens, after Georgia sent its forces into the breakaway region. 

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev today(Monday) warned Georgian authorities they face punishment for the incursion. He spoke in Vladikavkaz, capital of Russia's neighboring Republic of North Ossetia.