중국은 최근 쓰촨성에서 발생한 대규모 지지의 사망자 수가 3만2천명 이상으로 늘어났다고 확인하고, 내일 19일부터 사흘 동안을 조의 기간으로 정했습니다

중국 정부는 이 기간동안 올림픽 성화봉송을 일시 중지하고 조기를 게양할 것이라고 말했습니다. .

신화통신은 18일 현재 사망자 수가 3만2천4백77명으로 집계됐으며, 부상자 수는 22만명에 달한다고 밝혔습니다.

중국 당국은 최종 사망자 수가 5만명이 넘을 것으로 예상하고 있습니다.

이번 지진으로 집을 잃은 중국인들의 수는 5백만명에 달하고 있습니다.

17일 60명 이상의 생존자가 구조됐으나, 18일 들어 구조된 생존자 수는 크게 줄었습니다.

중국 언론은 지진이 발생한 후 엿새 뒤인 18일 아침 최소한 한 명의 생존자가 성공적으로 구조됐다고 말했습니다.

*****

China says it will begin three days of national mourning on Monday after raising the death toll from last week's earthquake to more than 32 thousand.

The government says the Olympic torch relay through China will be suspended for the period of morning and all flags will fly at half-staff.

The official Xinhua news agency said today (Sunday) that the toll from the massive earthquake in Sichuan province has climbed to 32 thousand-477, with more than 220 thousand injured. Authorities expect the death toll to climb past 50 thousand.

More than 60 earthquake survivors were rescued in the disaster zone Saturday, but by Sunday the numbers had fallen. Chinese media reported at least one successful rescue Sunday morning, six days after the quake struck.