팔레스타인의 12개 소수 정파들이 이집트가 제시한 이스라엘과의 휴전 제안에 동의했다고 이집트 정부가 밝혔습니다.

이집트의 관영 메나 통신은  이집트의 수도 카이로에 모인 팔레스타인 소수 정파들이 이스라엘과  팔레스타인 가자지구에서 휴전한다는 이집트의 제안을 받아들였다고 전했습니다.

가자지구를 장악하고 있는 팔레스타인 과격 무장세력 하마스도 지난 주 이스라엘과의 6개월 휴전을 지지한다고 밝힌 바 있으나, 이스라엘측은 하마스가 전열을 가다듬기 위한 시간벌기용으로 휴전을 제안하고 있다며 회의적인 반응을 보였습니다.

*****

Egypt says 12 small Palestinian factions have agreed to Egyptian proposals for a truce with Israel in the Gaza Strip.

Egypt's state news agency (MENA) quotes officials as saying the Palestinian groups approved the cease-fire offer at a meeting today (Wednesday) in Cairo. It says the truce would begin in Gaza and be extended later to the West Bank. No timeframe was given.

The larger Hamas militant group that controls Gaza told Egypt last week it would support a six-month cease-fire with Israel in Gaza, to be followed by a similar truce in the West Bank.

Egypt has been trying for months to mediate an Israeli-Palestinian deal that would include a truce, an exchange of prisoners and an opening of Gaza's border crossings.

Israel has expressed doubts about the latest Palestinian truce offers, arguing they would give militants time to re-arm.