아프가니스탄에서 탈레반에 납치됐다 풀려난 한국인 인질 21명 가운데 일부 사람들은 납치범들이 자신들을 이슬람으로 개종시키기 위해 폭행과 살해 위협을 가했다고 말했습니다.

피랍자 21명은 12일, 그동안 치료를 받아 온 안양 샘병원에서 퇴원을 앞두고 합동기자회견을 가졌습니다.

제창희 씨는 납치범들이 발로 차거나 총과 나무가지 등으로 구타했다고 말했습니다.

유정화 씨는 탈레반이 한국인 인질들을 구덩이 앞에 세워놓고 총을 겨눴을 때 생명의 위협을 느꼈다고 말했습니다.

탈레반은 지난 7월 기독교 자원봉사자로 일하던 한국인 23명을 납치했습니다. 납치범들은 그 가운데 2명을 살해했습니다.  나머지 21명은 한국이 아프간에서 예정대로 군대를 철수하고 아프간 선교 활동을 금지하기로 동의한 뒤 지난 8월 말에 모두 풀려났습니다.

*****

Some of the 21 South Koreans held hostage by the Taleban in Afghanistan say their captors beat and threatened to kill them to try to make them convert to Islam.

Je Chang-hee told a news conference near Seoul today (Wednesday) the militants kicked and beat the captives with guns and tree branches.

Another former hostage (Yu Jung-hwa) said she feared for her life when the Taleban aimed guns at the Koreans and made them stand in front of open pits.

The former hostages are being treated for psychological trauma.

Taleban insurgents seized 23 Koreans who had been working as Christian volunteers in Afghanistan last July.

The kidnappers killed two of the hostages. The others were released in late August after South Korea agreed to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan, as planned, and to bar any more missionaries from traveling to the country.