아프가니스탄에서 한국인 열 아홉 명을 억류하고 있는 탈레반 저항분자들은 인질석방 협상이 실패했으며 인질처리 문제는 저항분자 지도부가 결정할 것이라고 말하고 있습니다.

탈레반 대변인은 18일, 탈레반측과 한국 관계자들간의 직접 대면협상이 16일 시작되면서 결렬됐다고 주장했습니다. 탈레반 대변인은 추가협상은 열릴 것 같지 않다고 말하고 그 이유는 아프가니스탄 당국이 탈레반 수감자 맞교환 석방을 거부하기 때문이라고 주장했습니다.

탈레반 저항분자들은 지난 7월 19일, 아프가니스탄 남부 간지주에서 인도적 구호활동에 참여한 한국 기독교 신자 스물 세 명을 납치한뒤 남자 인질 두 명을 살해하고 건강이 악화된 여자 인질 두 명을 석방했습니다.  


Taleban militants holding 19 South Koreans say negotiations have failed and the insurgents' leadership council is deciding the fate of the hostages.

A Taleban spokesman said today (Saturday) that face-to-face negotiations with South Korean officials broke down Thursday, the day they started.

The spokesman said further talks were unlikely because the Afghan government has refused to release some Taleban militants in a prisoner exchange.

Two South Korean women returned home Friday after being released by the Taleban on Monday. They both said they were sorry for causing worry and called on the Taleban to free the remaining 19 hostages.

Taleban militants abducted 23 South Korean Christian aid workers on July 19th while they traveled through Ghazni province on a humanitarian mission. Two male hostages were executed late last month.