미국 측 북 핵 6자회담 수석대표인 크리스토퍼 힐 국무부 차관보는 현재 열리고 있는 6자회담이 2.13 합의 2단계 조치 이행 마감시한을 정하지 못한 채 끝날 것 같다고 말했습니다.

힐 차관보는 하지만 19일 베이징에서 기자들과 만난 자리에서 여전히 북한이 올해 안에 핵 시설을 불능화하고 모든 핵 프로그램을 공개할 수 있을 것으로 믿는다고 말했습니다. 힐 차관보는 이에대한 구체적인 사항은 실무그룹 회의에서 다뤄질 것이라고 덧붙였습니다.

힐 차관보는 앞서 6자회담 참가국들이 이미 북한의 비핵화 마감시한에 대해 의견 일치에 도달했다고 밝힌 바 있습니다.

하지만 일본 측 사사에 켄이치로 수석대표는 모든 당사국들이 2단계 조치 연내 이행에 합의하지 않았다고 말했었습니다.

한편 이 날 북한과 일본 대표간의 양자회담이 열린 뒤 몇시간 뒤, 북한은 일본이 납북자 이슈를 핵 문제의 걸림돌로 사용해서는 안된다는 성명을 발표했습니다.

*****

The chief U.S. negotiator to six-party talks on North Korea's nuclear program says current talks will end without a deadline for the next steps on disarmament.

Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill indicated today (Thursday) in Beijing he still believes that North Korea could declare and disable its nuclear facilities by the end of the year. He said the details would be handled by working groups.

Hill had earlier suggested that the six nations involved in the Beijing talks had already reached a consensus on a disarmament timeframe.

But Japan's chief delegate, Kenichiro Sasae says that not all parties have agreed that North Korea should reveal its nuclear stocks and activities and permanently disable its enrichment facilities by the end of the year.

Hours after brief talks between the envoys from North Korea and Japan, North Korea issued a statement warning Japan not to use the issue of its abducted citizens as an obstacle to resolving the nuclear dispute.