중국 산시성의 한 탄광에서 가스 폭발 사고가 발생해 20명이 갇혔다고, 중국관영 신화통신이 보도했습니다.

신화통신은 광부 16명과 2명의 응급요원, 그리고 2명의 안전감시 요원이 14일 탄광 내에서 지난 달 발생한 사고에 대해 조사하던 중 폭발이 일어났다고 보도했습니다.

지난 달 24일, 헤진에 있는 이 탄광에서 침수로 인해 9명이 사망했습니다.

신화통신은 당시 탄광의 관리자들이 사망자 발생 사실을 은폐했지만, 희생자 가족들에 의해 폭로됐다고 보도했습니다.

중국 경찰은 사망 사고와 은폐에 책임이 있는 용의자 7명을 체포했습니다.


Chinese state media say a gas explosion has trapped 20 people in a mine in Shanxi province.

The Xinhua news agency says the blast occurred today (Saturday) as 16 miners, two first-aid workers and two safety inspectors were in the mine investigating an accident that happened there last month. Officials say it is not clear if anyone survived today's explosion.

On June 24th, nine people died in the same mine in the town of Hejin when it flooded with water.

Xinhua says the mine's managers had covered up the deaths, but they were exposed by the victims' families. Police have detained seven people allegedly responsible for the deadly incident and its cover-up. The mine owner and four security personnel are among the suspects.