중국 산시성 등지의 무허가 벽돌공장과 광산이 노동자들을 불법 고용해 현대판 노예처럼 착취를 일삼은 사건이 국제적 논란이 되고 있는 가운데 중국 당국의 조사결과  5만 3천명 이상이 노동착취에 동원된 것으로 나타났습니다.

중국 관영 신화통신은 산시성 상무위원회의 고위 관리인 판 두이지앙 위원이 이런 내용이 담긴 보고서를 24일 중국 국무원 상무위원회에 제출했다고 보도했습니다.

판 위원은 산시성내 벽돌공장과 광산을 조사한 결과 모두 3천 347개 벽돌공장 가운데 2천 36개 공장이 무허가인 것으로 나타났다고 말했습니다.

신화통신은 24일 열린 국무원 상무위원회 회의에서 노동자들의 권리 보호를 강화하는 내용의 노동계약법 개정을 요구하는 목소리가 높았다고 전했습니다. 

중국공안당국은 수백명의 부모들이 자녀들이 유괴돼 현대판 노예로 노동착취를 당하고 있다는 내용을 인터넷에 올린 이후  수 천명의 공안을 동원해 지난 한 달 동안 산시성과 헤난성 일대 벽돌공장을 압수 수색했습니다. 

*****
Chinese state media say brick kilns and mines found to be using slave labor illegally used more than 53-thousand migrant workers.

The Xinhua news agency says Fan Duixiang, a senior member of the Shanxi provincial congress, reported the number to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress Sunday.

Fan says an investigation into kilns and mines in Shanxi province found that of three-thousand-347 brick kilns, more than two thousand (2,036) were not licensed to operate.

Xinhua says lawmakers attending Sunday's legislative session pressed for a change in the country's labor contract law to better protect the employees' rights.

Tens of thousands of Chinese police raided thousands of brick kilns in Shanxi and Henan provinces in the past month, after hundreds of parents posted a notice on the Internet saying their children had been abducted, likely for use as slave laborers.