일본의 아베 신조 총리는 오늘 (8일) 집권 자민당이 2차세계 대전 시기에 일본 정부와 군이 종군 위안부를 강제 동원했는지의 여부를 다시 조사할 것이라고 말했습니다.

아베 총리는 일본 정부가 새 조사에 협력할 것이라고 덧붙였습니다.

아베 총리는 지난주 일본정부가 태평양 전쟁 시절 종군 위안부를 강제 동원했다는 아무런 증거가 없다고 말해 아시아 여러 나라들의 분노를 촉발시켰습니다.

종군 위안부 피해국들은 일본 정부가 태평양 전쟁 시절 주로 중국과 한국에서 2십여만명의 여인들을 종군위안부로 강제 동원했다고 말하고 있습니다.

집권 자민당 우파 의원들은 앞서 일본정부에 지난 1993년 요헤이 고노 관방장관이 정부의 위안부 강제 동원을 인정하고 사과한 이른바 ‘고노 담화’를 재검토 할 것을 촉구했습니다. 이들 국회의원들은 ‘고노 담화’는 당시 정치적 이유 때문에 잘못 발표돼 일본이 비난 받고 있다고 말하고 있습니다.

일본 정부는 종군 위안부 강제동원과 관련해 공식적으로 사과한 전례가 전혀 없으며 아베 신조 총리는 고노 담화의 계승을 시사하며 추가 사과는 없을 것이라고 말하고 있습니다.

*****

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says the country's ruling party will conduct a new investigation into the military's use of brothels during World War Two.

He says the government will cooperate with the investigation.

Mr. Abe stirred anger across Asia last week by questioning the government's role in forcing women to work in military brothels.

Victims' groups say Japan forced about 200-thousand mostly Asian women to serve in its brothels, mainly in Korea and China.

Earlier today (Thursday), a group of ruling party lawmakers urged the government to review an apology made in 1993 by then-chief cabinet secretary Yohei Kono. The lawmakers say the statement wrongfully blamed the state for forcing women into sexual servitude.

The Japanese government has never officially made an apology, and Mr. Abe says the state will not issue any further statements than the Kono apology.