일본은 일제 종군 위안부 강제 동원 사실을 인정하고 이에 책임을 져야 한다고  중국의 리자오싱 외교부장이 말했습니다.

리자오싱 외교부장은 오늘(6일) 종군 위안부 문제는 일본이 2차세계 대전 시기에 자행한 심각한 범죄가운데 하나라고 말했습니다.

앞서 일본의 아베 신조 총리는 어제(5일) 종군 위안부 문제에 대해 다시 사과하지 않을 것이라고 말했습니다.

아베 총리는 종군 위안부 문제는 지난 1993년 고노 담화를 통해 이미 사과했다고 말했습니다. 아베 총리는 이날 참의회 예산위원회에서 미국 하원이 추진하는 종군위안부 결의안은 사실에 기반을 두지 않고 있으며 통과되더라도 사과하는 일은 없을 것이라고 말했습니다.

아베 총리는 지난주 종군 위안부가 일본 병사들의 성매매를 위해 강제 동원됐다는 어떤 증거도 없다고 말해 한국과 중국, 필리핀 등 피해 국가들의 반발을 사는 등 논란을 불러 일으켰습니다.

*****

Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing is calling on Japan to face up to history and take responsibility for the forced recruitment of women for Japanese military brothels during World War Two.

Li told reporters today (Tuesday) the treatment of so-called "comfort women" is one of the serious crimes committed by Japanese troops during the war.

Monday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said his country will not apologize again for the women's treatment.

Mr. Abe said he stands by a 1993 government apology on the issue. Japan's parliament did not back the apology, and the Japanese government has paid no reparations to the women.

The Japanese leader created controversy last week when he said there is no evidence that women were coerced into sexual servitude during the war.