중국의 리자오싱 외교부장은 6일, 아베 신조 일본 총리가 지난 주에 제2차 세계대전중 여성들이 일본군의 성노예로 강제동원됐다는 증거가 없다고 한 발언을 반박하고 일본군의 이른바 종군 위안부 문제는 일본군이 대전중에 자행한 중대한 범죄들 가운데 하나라고 지적했습니다.

리자오싱 외교부장은 일본에게 역사를 직시하고 일본군을 위한 위안부 강제동원에 대한 책임을 져야 한다고 촉구하면서 이같이 지적했습니다.

아베 총리는 지난 주, 일본 참의원에서 종군 위안부 문제에 대해 일본이 다시는 사과하지 않을 것이라고 말한 바 있습니다.  

*****

Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing is calling on Japan to face up to history and take responsibility for the forced recruitment of women for Japanese military brothels during World War Two.

Li told reporters today (Tuesday) the treatment of so-called "comfort women" is one of the serious crimes committed by Japanese troops during the war.

Li rejected Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's comment last week in which he said there is no evidence that women were coerced into sexual servitude during the war.

But Li indicated Mr. Abe's comments will not hurt the recently improved Chinese-Japanese relationship, reiterating China's commitment of establishing lasting friendship with Japan.

In the past, China and Japan shared an unstable relationship caused by issues stemming from the second world war.