아프가니스탄에서 올해 저항세력의 공격과 상쟁 파벌들 간의 전투로 약 4천 명이 사망했다는 보고서가 나왔습니다.

보고서는 급격히 증가한 폭력 사태로 사망한 사람들의 대부분은 아프간 정부의 전복을 기도하는 탈레반 무장분자들과 저항세력이라고 지적했습니다.

이같은 연구 결과는 13일, 미국 주도의 연합군에 의해 탈레반이 축출된 지 5주년이 되는 것과 때를 같이해 카불에서 발표됐습니다.

보고서는 지난 1월 이후 벌어진 전투로 이미 3천7백명이 사망했다고 추산하고, 무장분자들의 공격이 지난 해 보다 4배나 많은 한 달에 6백건으로 증가했다고 말했습니다.

*****

A report on fighting in Afghanistan says insurgents' attacks and battles between opposing forces have killed nearly four thousand people this year.

The report says most of those killed in a sharp upsurge in violence were Taleban militants and insurgents trying to overthrow the Afghan government.

The study's publication in Kabul today (Monday) also marks the fifth anniversary of the Taleban's expulsion from the country by U.S.-led forces.

The report was prepared by (The Joint Coordination and Monitoring Board) a group of Afghan and international representatives, including monitors sent by the United Nations. It estimates that fighting since January already has claimed 37-hundred lives, and says attacks by militants have risen to 600 per month, four times higher than last year.