인도 정부는 지난 7월 뭄바이에서 발생해 186명의 사망자를 낸 폭발사고에 파키스탄 정보부가 개입됐을 가능성을 파악했지만 강력한 증거는 없다고 밝혔습니다.

인도의 나라야난  국가안보보좌관은 22일 텔레비전 방송과의 회견에서 인도는 파키스탄의 개입에 대해 확고한 증거를 갖고 있지는 않다고 말했습니다. 나라야난씨는 그러나 인도 정부가 확보한 증거가 다음달 재개될 예정인 인도와 파키스탄 간 장관급 회담에서 파키스탄측에 제시될 것이라고 말했습니다.

인도 경찰은 뭄바이에서 출근열차를 파괴한 7건의 폭탄 폭발과 관련해 지난달 파키스탄 정보부와 라쉬카르-이-탈리바 무장세력을  비난했습니다.

그러나 파키스탄 정부와 라쉬카르 무장세력은 즉각 이같은 발표를 부인했습니다. 파키스탄 정부는 인도 정부가 믿을만한 증거를 제시할 경우 관련자들에 대처할 것이라고 말했습니다.

*****

India says it has good, but not strong, evidence that Pakistan's spy agency was involved in a series of bombings that killed 186 people in Mumbai in July.

Indian National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan told the CNN-IBN television network today (Sunday) the government does not have what he called "clinching" evidence.

The security official said the evidence would be presented to Pakistan during ministerial-level talks set to resume in November.

Indian police last month blamed Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence and the Lashkar-e-Taiba militant group for the seven bombs that ripped through commuter trains and platforms in Mumbai.

Both Pakistan and the Lashkar militant group quickly denied any involvement in the attacks.

Pakistan said if India could provide credible evidence to prove the charge, Islamabad would deal with the those involved.