미국과 프랑스는 5일, 레바논 전투를 종식시키기 위한 유엔 안전보장이사회 결의안 초안에 합의했습니다. 프랑스와 미국 관계관들은 이날 결의안 초안을 발표했습니다.

이 결의안 초안은 항구적인 휴전과 장기적인 해결을 위해 이스라엘과 레바논이 협력할 것을 요구하고 있습니다. 이 결의안은 또한 전면적인 휴전을 촉구하면서 동시에 헤즈볼라의 공격에 대한 이스라엘의 대응을 허용하고 있습니다.

헤즈볼라의 한 관계자는 이날, 이스라엘 군이 레바논에서 전면 철수한다면 헤 즈볼라가 이 휴전안을 수용할 것이라고 밝혔습니다. 이스라엘의 아이작 헤르초그 관광장관은 이 결의안이 매우 중요하지만, 이스라엘은 당분간 계속 싸울 것이라고 말했습니다. 이번8월초에 이스라엘의 에후드 올메르트 총리는 이스라엘은 국제평화유지군이 배치될 때까지 전투를 계속할 것이라고 말했습니다.

******

The United States and France have agreed on a proposed United Nations resolution to bring an end to the fighting in Lebanon.

French and American officials announced the draft resolution today (Saturday). It allows Israel to respond to Hezbollah attacks.

The resolution asks Israel and Lebanon to work on a permanent ceasefire and a long-term solution. It calls for a buffer zone in southern Lebanon.

A Hezbollah official (Cabinet minister Mohammed Fneish) said today (Saturday) the group will only accept a ceasefire once Israeli troops have left Lebanon. An Israeli official (tourism minister Isaac Herzog) called the resolution important but he said Israel will keep fighting in the coming days.

Earlier this month, Israel's prime minister (Ehud Olmert) said his country will continue its offensive until an international force is in place. France has postponed talks on an international force twice.

The U.N. Security Council is to meet later today to review the resolution.