파키스탄의 샤우카트 아지즈 총리는 앞서 이달 미군의 미사일 공습으로 18명이 사망한 아프가니스탄 접경 마을에서 알-카에다의 모임이 열렸다는 증거는 없다고 말했습니다.

아지즈 총리는 22일, 미국의 뉴스전문 케이블 텔레비전 방송인 CNN과의 회견에서, 미군의 공격으로 적어도 13명의 민간인이 사망했다고 말했습니다. 미국은 이 공격에서 알-카에다의 2인자인 이아만 알-자와히리를 겨냥한 것으로 알려졌습니다.

아지즈 총리는 알-카에다 지도자들이 그같은 만남을 가졌을 가능성은 거의 없다고 말했습니다. 아지즈 총리는 또한 미국 당국자들은 지난 13일의 공격에 대해 사전에 파키스탄 정부에 통보하지 않았다고 말하면서, 파키스탄 정부가 미군의 공습을 지지했다는 의혹을 부인했습니다.

(영문)

Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz says there is no evidence of an al-Qaida meeting in a village where 18 people were killed in a U.S. missile strike earlier this month.

In an interview with CNN television today (Sunday), Mr. Aziz said at least 13 civilians died in the attack, which the United States reportedly intended for al-Qaida's second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahiri. Mr. Aziz said it is highly unlikely al-Qaida leaders would have held such a meeting.

He also said U.S. authorities had not informed his government in advance of the January 13th attack on the remote village of Damadola, and denied that his government backed the strike.