지난 주 중국 광둥성에서 보안군의 시위자 발포를 명령했던 관리가 체포됐다고 중국 관영 신문이 11일 보도했습니다.

광둥 데일리 신문의 이같은 보도는, 동주 마을의 발전소에서 시위자들이 경찰을 공격하고 폭발물을 투척해 하는 수 없이 보안군이 발포했다는 국영 매체들의 보도가 있은 지 하루만에 나왔습니다.

중국의 관영 신화 통신은 이 발포로 적어도 3명의 마을 주민이 살해되고 여러 명이 부상했다고 보도했습니다. 그러나 지난 6일의 이 사건을 목격한 증인들은 사망자 수를 최고 20명으로 보고 있습니다.

(영문)

An official newspaper in China says the official who ordered security forces to fire on protesters last week in Guangdong province has been arrested.

The (Sunday) report in the Guangzhou Daily comes one day after state-run media said demonstrators at a power plant in the village of Dongzhou attacked police and threw explosives, forcing officers to open fire.

China's Xinhua news agency said at least three villagers were killed and several were injured.

Witnesses to the Tuesday incident put the death toll as high as 20.