텔아비브 북쪽 지역에서 자살 폭탄 공격으로 5명이 사망한 사건이 발생한 뒤를 이어 이스라엘 보안군이 팔레스타인 과격분자들을 단속하기 위한 대대적인 작전을 준비중이라고 이스라엘 언론 매체들이 보도했습니다.

이슬람 지하드는 네타냐 지역에서 5일 발생한 공격이 자신들의 소행이라고 주장했습니다. 네타냐 쇼핑 몰에서 자살 폭탄공격범이 자폭했을 당시 50명 가량이 부상했습니다.

이스라엘의 샤울 모파즈 국방 장관은 이 같은 공격을 막기 위해 이스라엘은 가능한 모든 노력을 기울일 것이라고 말했습니다.

한편 미국의 콘돌리자 라이스 국무 장관은 팔레스타인 관계관들에게 테러 활동을 일제 단속할 것을 촉구했습니다. 팔레스타인의 마흐무드 압바스 자치정부 수반은 5일의 공격 사건을 비난하면서 이 사건과 관련된 자들을 검거하도록 지시했습니다.   

 

(영문)


israeli media reports say security forces are preparing for major operations against Palestinian militants following a suicide bombing north of Tel Aviv that killed five people.

Islamic Jihad says it carried out the attack Monday in Netanya. About 50 people were wounded at the shopping mall where the suicide attacker blew himself up.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz says Israel will do everything possible to deter such attacks. He is awaiting approval to resume the practice of demolishing suicide bombers' homes (which was halted earlier this year). Even before the attack in Netanya, Mr. Mofaz had ordered the resumption of targeted killings of militant leaders.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice urged Palestinian officials to crack down on terrorist activity. Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority, condemned Monday's violence. He has ordered Palestinian security forces to arrest anyone involved.