요르단은 9일 수도 암만에서 발생해 56명을 사망하게 하고 1백여명을 부상하게 한 테러공격에 책임 있는 자들을 찾아내 재판정에 세울 것이라고 압둘라 요르단 국왕이 말했습니다.

압둘라 국왕은 10일 텔레비전 연설을 통해 요르단은 이번 자살테러 공격에도 불구하고 앞으로도 계속 테러에 맞서 싸울 것이라고 말했습니다.

이에 앞서 수많은 요르단인들은 거리로 몰려 나와  깃발을 흔들고 자동차 경적을 울리며 아부 무사브 알-자카위에 대한 비난의 목소리를 높였습니다. 이라크 내 알카에다를 이끄는 알-자카위는 요르단 내 세 곳의 호텔에서 발생한 이번 테러가 자신들의 소행이라고 말했습니다.

자카위의 주장은 즉각 확인되지 않았지만 마르완 무아셰르 부총리는 그가 1차 용의자라고 말했습니다.

 

(영문)

's King Abdullah says his country will find and bring to justice those responsible for Wednesday's attacks in the capital, Amman, that killed 56 people and wounded more than 100.

The king said on national television Thursday evening that Jordan remains committed to fighting terrorism after the near simultaneous suicide bombings at three hotels.

Earlier, hundreds of Jordanians protested against their countryman Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

The claim from the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq could not be immediately verified, but Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said he is a prime suspect. He added that several people had been detained and are being questioned.

Government officials said most of the dead are Jordanians, but at least 12 foreigners have been identified, including one American.