이라크의 수도 바그다드에서 미군 병사 3명이 도로변 폭탄 공격으로 사망했습니다. 이로서 이번 주 들어 저항 분자들의 공격으로 사망한 미군 병사 수가 24명으로 늘어났습니다.

 

미군은 3, 이 최근의 공격이 앞서 바그다드 북서쪽 하디타 근처에서 일어난 유사한 폭탄 공격으로 미 해병대원 14명과 민간인 통역 한명이 사망한 지 몇 시간 후인 3일 저녁에 발생했다고 밝혔습니다.

 

하디타에서는 앞서 이번 주에 미 해병대원 6명이 살해됐으며 다른 도시인 히트(Hit)에서도 해병대원 한 명이 사망했습니다.

 

한편 조지 부시 미국 대통령은 3, 이라크 주둔 미군에 대한 공격 때문에 미군이 조기 철수하지 않을 것이라고 밝혔습니다. 부시 대통령은 이라크 보안군이 저항분자들에 대항해 보다 잘 맞서 싸울 수 있을 때까지 미군이 계속해서 이라크에 주둔할 것이라고 강조했습니다.

 

(영문)

Three U.S. soldiers have been killed in a roadside bomb blast in Baghdad -- bringing to 24 the number of American troops killed in insurgent attacks this week.

 

The U.S. military says the latest attack occurred Wednesday night, hours after a similar bomb blast near Haditha, northwest of Baghdad, killed 14 U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter. Earlier this week, six Marines were killed in Haditha while another was killed in the town of Hit.

 

President Bush said Wednesday attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq will not force an early American pullout from the violence-torn nation. He said American forces will remain in Iraq until that country's security forces are better able to fight the insurgency.