지난 21일 발생한 런던 지하철과 버스에 대한 테러 사건을 수사 중인 영국 경찰은 아직 검거하지 못한 용의자  세 명에 대한 수색작업을 서두르고 있다고 말했습니다.

이안 블레어 런던 경찰국장은 이들 용의자들이 또다른 공격을 시도하기 전에 체포해야 한다며 이렇게 말했습니다.

정부 관계자들이 더이상의 테러가 발생하지 않도록 하고 있는 가운데 28일 런던 지하철과 버스 주변에서는 수천명의 경찰이 순찰활동을 벌였습니다.

영국 경찰은 21일 폭발 사건과 관련된 것으로 보이는 4명의 용의자 중 한명을 검거했을 뿐 나머지 세 명은 아직 추적 중에 있습니다.

(영문)

London's police commissioner says there is "a race against time" in the manhunt for three remaining suspects in last week's failed bomb attacks on the London transit system.

Ian Blair says the suspects must be found before they attempt more attacks.

Thousands of police officers patrolled the London transit system Thursday, as authorities aimed to ensure it did not become the third Thursday in four weeks to see terrorist activity.

British police say they are still searching for three of four suspects believed to have attempted last week's failed bombings, with one suspect (, Yasin Hassan Omar) already arrested. Nine more people were detained Thursday in the investigation.

Authorities continue efforts to gain access to a British citizen reported to be under arrest in Zambia for alleged involvement in the July 7th London subway and bus bombings that killed 52 people and four suicide bombers.