지난 주 런던에서 실패로 끝난 폭탄 테러 시도와 관련해 두명이 또 영국 경찰에 검거됐습니다. 이로써 현재 심문을 받고있는 피의자의 수는 모두 5명으로 늘어났습니다.

그러나 당국자들은 이들이 폭탄 공격범 본인들로는 간주되지 않고 있다고 말하고있습니다.

영국 경찰은 25일 폭탄 공격범일 가능성이 있는 것으로 보고 있는 4명중 두명의 신원을 밝혔습니다. 한명은 24세의 야신 하싼 오마르고, 다른 한명은 묵타르 모하메드 사이드라는 이름으로도 알려진 27세의 묵타르 사이드 이브라힘입니다.

경찰은 이와함께 이들 용의자 4명의 사진을 더 많이 공개했으며, 또한 폭발되지않은 4개의 폭탄과 23일에 발견된 아마도 포기한 것으로 보이는 다섯번째의 폭발물을 담는데 사용된 음식 용기같은 것을 공개했습니다.

이날 또한, 영국의 토니 블레어 총리는 경찰이 지난 22일 이번 사건과 관련된 테러 분자로 오인해 브라질인 남자를 사살한데 대해 영국은 충심으로 죄송스럽게 생각한다고 말했습니다. 

 

(영문)

British police have made two more arrests in connection with last week's failed bomb attempts in London.

A total of five people are now being questioned, but authorities say they are not considered the bombersthemselves.

Police today (Monday) identified two of four men they suspect are the would-be bombers. They named 24-year-old Yasin Hassan Omar and 27-year-old Muktar Said Ibraihim, also known as Muktar Mohammed Said, and released more photographs of all four suspects. They also identified a type of food container used in the four unexploded bombs and in a fifth device found Saturday, apparently abandoned.

Police asked the public for any information on the suspects or recent sales of such containers.

Also today (Monday), Prime Minister Blair said Britain is "desperately sorry" for Friday's police killing of a Brazilian man mistaken for a terrorist. Brazil's foreign minister (Celso Amorim) was to meet with his British
counterpart (Jack Straw) Monday to discuss the incident.