영국 당국은 런던 폭탄 테러범중 적어도 한명이 폭탄 공격중 사망한 것으로 증거를 갖고 있다고 말하고 있습니다.

영국의 최고위 테러 대책관은 12일 이같이 밝히고, 지하철에 설치된 폐쇄 회로 텔레비전 영상을 보면, 4명의 폭탄 공격범들이 모두 폭탄 테러 약 20분전에 킹스 크로스 지하철역에 도착한 것으로 나타나, 당국은 이제 이들 4명이 모두 살해됐는지의 여부를 규명하려 하고 있다고 말했습니다.

그는 초기 단계에 관한 수사가 남아있다고 말했습니다.

이 관계관은 또한 경찰이 이날 앞서 영국 북부 도시, 리즈를 기습해 한명의 용의자를 체포했으며 압수한 물질들에 대한 분석 검사가 진행되고 있다고 발표했습니다.  

 

(영어)

British authorities say they have evidence that at least one of the bombers who carried out last week's terrorist A top British anti-terrorism official (Peter Clarke) says authorities are now seeking to determine whether all four bombers were killed.

He said closed circuit television footage shows all four arriving at the Kings Cross subway station about 20 minutes before the blasts ripped through three of the trains. He said the investigation remains in its early stages.

The official also announced the arrest of a suspect following police raids earlier today (Tuesday) in the northern English city of Leeds. He said materials gathered in the searches are undergoing forensic examination.

Fifty-two people have died in the underground blasts and in the explosion on a double-decker bus above ground about an hour later.

Earlier, British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw urged the European Union to quickly implement plans for closer coordination in the struggle against terrorism. He urged the European Parliament in Brussels, to give police easier and faster access to telephone and internet data. But he stressed that this should not restrict individual freedom.