이안 블레어 런던 경찰 청장은 7일 런던의 버스와 지하철에서 발생한 폭탄테러로 인한 사망자가 50명, 부상자는 700명 이상으로 늘었다고 말했습니다.

블레어 청장은 2층버스의 폭발로 13명이 사망했다고 말했습니다.

블레어 청장은 기술자들이 지하철 터널의 안전 상태를 점검하던중 지하철에서 일부 사체들을 발견했으며 수사관들은 테러 공격의 원인을 밝혀내기 위해 모든 폭탄 파편들을 수거해 현재 엄밀히 조사하고 있다고 밝혔습니다.

블레어 경찰청장은 테러에 사용된 폭탄들이 모두 4 킬로그램의 소형 폭탄들이었으며 이번 공격이 자살 폭탄 테러로 보이지는 않으나 이를 공식적으로 확인할 수는 없다고 말했습니다. 

앞서 블레어 경찰 청장은 이번 공격이 테러조직 알 카에다의 특징을 모두 갖고 있다고 말하고 그러나 장시일의 복잡한 수사가 될 것이라고 예상했습니다.

 

(영문)

Authorities in London say the death toll from Thursday's bus and subway bombings now exceeds 50, and they confirmed that more than 700 were wounded.

London Police Commissioner Ian Blair says the blast that tore open a double-decker bus killed 13 people. He said some bodies had been left on wrecked underground trains while engineers worked to ensure the safety of
the tunnel, and investigators sifted through every bit of debris for clues to who carried out the attacks.

He said the bombs were all quite small (about four kilograms) and there is no indication they were suicide blasts, but he said he could not rule that out.

Earlier, the commissioner said the attacks had all the hallmarks of the al-Qaida terrorist network, but he predicted a long and complex probe. A previously unknown "Secret Group of al-Qaida's Jihad in Europe"
claimed responsibility on an Arabic-language website soon after the blasts.

Meanwhile, life is returning to normal in London. Buses are operating, and some subway trains are running again.