팔레스타인 관리들은 민병대들이 가자지구의 이스라엘 정착촌에 대한 박격포와 로케트포 공격을 중단하는데 동의했다고 말했습니다.

 

팔레스타인 내무부의 한 대변인은 하마스를 포함한 민병대들이 20일 나세르 유세프 팔레스타인 내무장관과의 회의를 마치고 공격을 중단하는데 동의했다고 21일 말했습니다.   

 

하마스는 최근 이스라엘 군이 여러명의 팔레스타인 민병대들을 살해한데 대한 보복으로 유태인 정착촌에 박격포 공격을 했습니다. 이스라엘은 이 같은 공격은 팔레스타인 민병대들의 공격을 저지하기 위해 필요하다고 말했습니다.

 

한편, 현재 요르단에서 열리고 있는 [세계경제포럼]에 참석하고 있는 시몬 페레스 이스라엘 부총리와 아메드 쿠레이아 팔레스타인 총리는 별도 회담을 갖고 두 나라의 평화과정을 본궤도에 올려놓기 위한 방안을 논의했습니다.

 

마후므드 압바스 팔레스타인 자치수반은 21일 오는 6월에 아리엘 샤론 이스라엘 총리와 회담을 가질 계획이라고 발표했는데, 이스라엘은 아직 구체적인 날자가 결정된 바 없다고 부인했습니다. 

 

(영문)

Palestinian officials say militants have agreed to stop mortar and rocket attacks on Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip that have threatened to derail a three-month ceasefire with Israel.

An interior ministry spokesman today (Saturday) said the groups, including Hamas, agreed to the halt after meeting late Thursday with the Palestinian Interior Minister (Nasser Youssef). Hamas fired mortars on Jewish settlements earlier in this week after Israeli soldiers killed several militants.

Israel says it will use all necessary means to halt attacks. Meanwhile, Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shimon Peres and Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia met on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Jordan, for talks on getting the peace process back on track. And Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas today (Saturday) announced plans to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in June, but Israel swiftly denied any date had been set.