연결 가능 링크

이스라엘 총리, 가자지구 공격 계속 다짐 (E)


이스라엘은 즉각적인 휴전을 촉구하는 유엔 안전보장이사회의 결의안에도 불구하고 팔레스타인 가자지구의 하마스 무장대원들에 대한 공격을 계속할 것이라고 이스라엘의 에후드 올메르트 총리가 밝혔습니다.

하마스 지도부도 유엔 안보리 결의안은 팔레스타인의 이익을 고려하지 않았다며 결의안을 거부했습니다.

어제 표결에서14대 0으로 통과된 유엔 안보리 결의안은 이스라엘 군이 가자지구에서 전면 철수하고 하마스가 이스라엘에 대한 로케트 공격을 중단할 것을 촉구하고 있습니다. 결의안은 가자지구에 대한 인도주의적 지원이 자유롭게 전달될 것도 촉구하고 있습니다.

미국은 이집트의 중재 노력이 어떤 성과를 거둘지 지켜보겠다며 결의안 표결에서 기권했습니다.


Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says Israel will continue its offensive against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, despite a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire.

Hamas leaders also dismissed the measure, saying it did not take Palestinian interests into account.

The resolution, approved late Thursday by a 14-0 vote, calls for a truce leading to the full withdrawal of Israeli forces. It also demands an end to Hamas rocket attacks and calls for the unimpeded distribution of humanitarian aid.

The United States abstained from the vote, saying it wants to see the outcome of mediation efforts by Egypt.

In Gaza, Israeli warplanes carried out at least 50 air strikes overnight and early today, killing at least 12 Palestinians. Hamas also continued firing rockets into southern Israel.

Meanwhile, a U.N. report (issued today) said 30 Palestinians were killed earlier this week when the Israeli army moved more than 100 civilians into a house, warned them to stay inside, and later, shelled the building repeatedly.

XS
SM
MD
LG