연결 가능 링크

미군, 아프간 민간인 폭격사건 재조사 착수 (E)


아프간 주둔 미군 당국은 7일 아프가니스탄 주둔 미군의 공습에 의해 수십명의 민간인이 사망한 사건에 대한 재조사에 착수할 것이라고 밝혔습니다.

데이비드 매키어넌 북대서양조약기구, 나토 사령관은 아프간 서부 헤라트주에서 미군과 아프간군 연합 공습으로 민간인이 사망했다는 새로운 증거가 발견됐다고 밝혔습니다.

서방 언론들은 헤라트 지역 사원에서 공격직후 어린이들을 포함한 수십구의 시신이 나뒹구는 모습이 휴대폰에 의해 촬영됐다고 보도했습니다.

매키어넌 사령관은 지난달 22일 공격으로 7명의 민간인들 만이 사망했다고 밝힌 초기 보고서를 다시 검토할 것이라고 밝혔습니다.

*****



A senior U.S. commander in Afghanistan says the military will re-investigate an operation last month that Afghans say killed scores of civilians.

General David McKiernan says new evidence has emerged in the joint U.S.-Afghan raid in the western province of Herat.

Western newspapers say the evidence includes mobile phone video of the aftermath showing scores of bodies laid out in a village mosque, including those of children.

McKiernan says the U.S. military will review its initial report that only seven civilians died in the August 22nd raid.

Separately, authorities say a roadside blast in southern Afghanistan Monday killed six civilians in Zabul province.

Elsewhere, the Taliban claimed responsibility for two suicide bombings at police headquarters in the southern city of Kandahar. The death toll from the attack has risen to five people.

XS
SM
MD
LG