연결 가능 링크

중국 지진 사망자 6만명 넘어 (E)


중국 쓰촨성의 대지진으로 인한 사망자가 6만명을 넘었으며 8만명에 이를 수도 있다고 원자바오 중국 총리가 24일 밝혔습니다.

원자바오 총리는 이날 반기문 유엔 사무총장과 함께 지난 12일 발생한 지진의 진앙지인 원촨현을 방문한 자리에서 그같이 말했습니다.
이에 앞서 중국 국무원은 22일 기자회견에서 사망자가 5만명, 실종자가 3만명 그리고 부상자가 30만명이 이른다고 말했습니다.

한편 중국 정부는 국제 사회에 지진 피해자들을 위한 천막 지원을 호소하고 있습니다. 중국 외교부의 친강 대변인은 "40만개의 천막이 지진 피해자들에게 전달됐지만 아직도 3백30만개 이상이 필요하다"며 국제사회의 도움을 요청했습니다. 유엔은 지진 피해자들을 돕기 위해 8백만 달러를 지원할 계획입니다.

*****

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says the death toll from last week's earthquake in southwestern China has passed 60 thousand and could rise above 80-thousand.

Wen announced the new figures in a meeting today (Saturday) with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in the city of Yingxiu in Sichuan province, about 60 kilometers from the epicenter of the quake.

Mr. Ban is touring areas in Sichuan affected by the May 12th quake.

Previously, Chinese officials said the quake had killed more than 55-thousand people and left nearly 25-thousand others missing.

Chinese media reported Friday that the United Nations has increased to eight million dollars its pledged emergency relief funds for earthquake victims.


XS
SM
MD
LG