연결 가능 링크

중국, 티베트 시위 관련 30명 징역형 선고 (E)


지난달 티베트의 수도 라싸에서 일어난 소요사태와 관련해 체포된 30명에 대해 티베트 법원이 3년형에서 무기징역형을 선고했다고 중국 관영 신화통신이 보도했습니다.

신화통신은 티베트 라싸 중급인민법원이 이번 재판에서 티베트인3명에 무기징역을 선고했다고 전했습니다.

중국 정부는 지난 달 티베트 소요사태로 18명의 무고한 시민과 경찰 한 명이 사망했다고 밝힌 바 있습니다.

반면 인도에 본부를 둔 티베트 망명정부는 티베트의 반중국 항의 시위에서 적어도 2백3명 이상이 중국 정부군의 시위 진압 과정에서 사망했다고 오늘 밝혔습니다.

*****

Chinese state media say a court in Tibet has sentenced 30 people for terms of three years to life for their roles in deadly riots and violence in the region last month.

The official Xinhua news agency says (today/Tuesday) the Intermediate People's Court of Lhasa sentenced three of the men to life in prison.

China says a total of 18 innocent civilians and one police officer died after several days of rare peaceful protests in Lhasa turned violent on March 14th. It is difficult to verify the numbers as China has barred reporters from Lhasa since shortly after the unrest occurred.

Tibet's Indian-based government-in-exile said today that it now estimates at least 203 Tibetans were killed in a crackdown by Chinese forces on anti-government protesters and rioters.

XS
SM
MD
LG