연결 가능 링크

NATO군 작전 중 사망한 민간인 수 놓고 논란 (Eng)


아프가니스탄 남부지역에서 이번 주에 전개됐던 북대서양조약기, 나토군의 저항분자 소탕작전중 발생한 아프가니스탄 민간인 사망자 수를 놓고 아프가니스탄 당국자들과 나토 관계관들의 주장이 엇갈리고 있습니다.

아프가니스탄 칸다하르주 의회의 비스멜라흐 아프간말 부의장과 작전지역인 판즈와이 지구 관계관은 칸다하르주에 대한 나토군의 지난 24일 공습과 소탕작전으로 적어도 60 명의 민간인들이 살해됐다고 말하고 있습니다.

그러나 나토군 당국은 1차 조사결과 이 작전에서 사망한 민간인수가 12명에 불과하고 희생자들이 탈레반 잔당에 의한 것인지 나토군 작전에 의한 것인지도 명확하지 않다고 말하고 있는 것으로 AP통신이 보도했습니다.

*****

Local officials in Afghanistan say NATO operations killed at least 60 civilians in the southern part of the country earlier this week.

The deputy director of Kandahar's provincial council (Bismellah Afghanmal) and the chief of Panjwayi district (Niaz Mohammed Sarhadi) say the civilians were killed in a series of NATO operations, including air strikes, in the province of Kandahar on Tuesday.

But the Associated Press quotes NATO as saying a preliminary review shows only 12 civilians were killed in the clashes. It also says it is not clear if they were killed because of Taleban or NATO action.

Earlier, the alliance had said some 48 insurgents were killed and that it had received "credible reports" that several civilians were also killed. A NATO spokesman accused the Taleban of using civilians as human shields.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has appointed a commission to investigate.

XS
SM
MD
LG