연결 가능 링크

라이스 장관, 언론의 '북한 추가 핵실험 중지설' 부인 (Eng)


콘도리사 라이스 미국 국무장관은 북한이 추가 핵실험을 하지 않기로 약속했다는 언론보도를 부인했습니다.

아시아 지역 언론들은 김정일 북한 국방위원장이 후진타오 중국 국가주석의 특사로 지난 19일 평양을 방문한 탕자쉬안 국무위원에게 추가 핵실험을 하지 않겠다고 하는 한편 이달 9일의 핵실험에 대해 미안하다고 말했다고 보도했습니다.

그러나 라이스 장관은 러시아로 향하는 기내에서 기자들에게 베이징에서 탕자쉬안 특사를 만났을 당시 김 위원장이 그같은 발언을 했다는 얘기를 듣지 못했다고 말했습니다.

라이스 장관은 21일 러시아 정부 관리들과 만난 뒤 워싱턴으로 돌아올 예정입니다.

*****

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has disputed media reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has pledged not to carry out further nuclear tests.

Asian media reports have said the North Korean leader made the pledge to a visiting Chinese envoy (Tang Jiaxuan), and that he also apologized for the October ninth nuclear test.

Rice told reporters Saturday on the way to Moscow that during her meeting the previous day with the Chinese envoy in Beijing, there was no mention of Mr. Kim's purported statements.

Rice headed for home after talks with Russian officials Saturday. She visited Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing earlier in the week to rally support for sanctions against North Korea because of its nuclear test.

XS
SM
MD
LG